Home » Facts / Info
June 28, 2016
Buy Stone Pavers to Enhance the Beauty of Your Home
Stone pavers are generally used to create walkways, patios, and landscaping features in your beautiful yard. Stone pavers are available in varied shades and materials like quarry rock, brick and blue stone. The perfect way for the homeowners to install their stone pavers is through the use of a loose sand bed. This procedure is easier to master and provides great results.
Specialized benefits of Stone Pavers
The innumerable benefits of stone pavers are as follows:
- Initial paver installation cost ? You can achieve cost savings for small and simple projects by installing the pavers yourself, with the aid of a good installation manual. Such instruction manuals are usually provided by the manufacturer of the paver products.
- Flexible design ? Stone pavers are available in many shapes, patterns and colors. They allow for design creativity and also delineation of pavement areas, such as parking lanes, cross walks, and intersections. The beauty of stone pavers add value and visual appeal to any property.
- Versatility – You can apply stone pavers in both residential and commercial settings, including surface coverings for driveways, promenades, streets, parking lots, sidewalks, patios, pool paving, garden paths and even roof gardens.
- Paver strength ? Stone pavers are extremely dense units which possess exceptional strength and durability, superior stability under severe loads, and are unaffected by the extremes of heat and frost. Each unit has joints that allow for a small amount of movement without cracking. Manufactured to tight dimensional tolerances, pavers are stronger than regular poured concrete surfaces.
- Maintenance ? You can easily replace stained or broken pavers without patches. Dark colored stone paver can help hide stains. Paver can be repaired by lifting the affected area, re-grading and re-compacting the base and bedding sand and reinstalling the same paver. It is an inexpensive procedure that leaves no unsightly repair patches. Stone pavers are easy to maintain. Regular sweeping and occasional rinsing are usually the most maintenance needed.
- Safety ? Stone pavers, on both vehicular and pedestrian applications, have a non-skid surface. Even when the pavers are wet, they are safe to walk or drive a vehicle over them.
- Durability ? Stone pavers allow for movement and are almost indestructible. They can be applied in both residential and commercial settings, including surface coverings for driveways, parking lots, promenades, sidewalks, Pool Paving, patios, streets, golf cart paths and even roof gardens. Stone pavers are a sensible and aesthetically attractive choice for all outdoor surfaces.
Know about Stone Patio Pavers
Patio stands for outdoor living space and pavers refer to the building material that is used to construct patios. It is referred to as Patio Pavers because pavers are meant especially for constructing patios. The raw materials that are used for manufacturing paver products are mainly of three types: concrete, brick and stone patio pavers. They are available in different shapes, colors, sizes and patterns. The advantages of stone patio pavers for constructing entertainments decks and outdoors spaces are:
- The process of installation is easy.
- They are durable.
- They require low maintenance.
- They are easily repairable.
- They are quite affordable.
Don’t wait to get your Stone Pavers now at highly competitive prices, from Stone & Slate Discounts PL, Melbourne, Australia.
Townhouse Backyard Design taken to a new level with Travertine Pavers
When we think of landscape design, we often think of a large green canvas that extends for acres, assuming it´s necessary for creative inspiration. Well, here at StoneHardscapes, we´d have to respectfully disagree. Our company´s philosophy states that there is no project too big or too small, and we proudly stand by that. Everyone deserves to create a space they love, their own little escape from the real world, and you can create that space in just a few short hours, with a simple backyard design.
Recently, we had home owners come to us with a 50m² project. They had a couple who wanted to transform their townhouse backyard design to create a functional outdoor area they can call their own.
In-house design consultant, Steve Taylor (Master Stonemason), got right to work. Listening to the client´s needs and wants, Steve discussed the variety of options available to achieve their goals within their budget.
The result: Laying travertine tiles throughout the space.
The project was completed in 24 hours, allowing the family to relax and host their first Sunday bbq for a few friends and family that very weekend. Since completion, the family has made this outdoor space their main entertainment area, enjoying nightly family dinners and continuing the weekend barbecues with friends and family.
“This family transformed their small outdoor space into an extraordinary outdoor oasis, while ultimately increasing their property´s value. The outcome…an elegant and functional sanctuary to relax, read, sun, grill, and entertain family and friends.
June 23, 2016
What is the price of Travertrine Tiles and Pavers?
stocking Travertine Tiles Price $49m² and Pavers Price $69m².
If you are interested in any of our Travertine Tiles and Pavers or need further information on sizes and pricing please contact us today on (03) 9706 9767.
June 21, 2016
When choosing your Travertine coping whether it be for a pool, step or any form of capping you will need to ensure if this area is outdoors or not under cover and you have used honed and filled Travertine it will become slippery when wet. We stock unfilled, tumbled and brushed for pool coping or any outdoor area this product is smooth but non slip due to the holes through out the stone.
- Pool Coping is commonly sold in a 30mm bullnose, tumbled or drop face edge.
- Travertine copers are available in 12mm but you will need to ensure that these coping tiles are laid on a concrete slab.
- If used and have not correctly been installed on a concrete slab you run the risk of cracking or breaking the coping tiles.
- Any 30mm Travertine coping can be laid on sand or a concrete slab.
- All Travertine colors listed above come in a French Pattern.
- Noce Travertine is a new product at Stone and Slate Discounts.
- We offer pool coping, step treads, tiles, pavers and french pattern tiles or pavers.
- Walnut – a variety of mid range browns from dark tan to milk chocolate.
- Noce – shades of walnut that range from medium gold to dark coffee.
- Chocolate – deep, rich dark brown.
- Light ivory tiles with a hint of gray that creates a silvered appearance.
- Light – pale cream or ivory.
- Silver Gray – a heavily striated dark gray travertine.
- Classico – a uniform color and patterning that resembles natural cork.
- Beige – ranging in color from lightest ivory to pale fawn.
- Polished – The travertine is smoothed and polished to a shiny, reflective surface similar to marble. This finish is most common in commercial applications.
- Honed – A honed finish is flat and satiny smooth with a low-shine matte finish. Honed travertine is the most popular choice for home use.
- Brushed – Brushed travertine has slightly rough texture and a matte finish. More antique and is less slippery compared to honed or polished finish.
- Saw Cut – A flat, very matte finish with no honing or polish. No further finishing after being cut with the wet saw.
- Unfilled, Tumbled and brushed – Tumbled Travertine is the most natural finish, resulting in a highly textured finish with no shine and edges that are rounded with a worn appearance that resembles ancient stone. Tumbled Travertine is most often found in outdoor installations.
- Unfilled – Travertine in its naturally porous state with naturally occurring holes.
- Filled – Most commonly, the porous holes in travertine are filled with a mixture of a hardener like cement and dust byproducts from the cutting and honing process for a perfect color match.
- Travertine comes in many different sizes ranging from small pieces suitable for mosaic tiles to large-scale tiles suitable for installation in commercial building lobbies. Since travertine is a natural stone and color depends on the influences of local nature and minerals, not every color will be available in every size. It is more difficult to mine large, consistent pieces from some areas.