- 100% Natural Bluestone
- Our PREMIUM Bluestone
- Safe non slip surface
- Weather resistant
- Lightly honed & sawn
- Great indoors & outdoors
- Matching Pool Coping
About Harkaway Bluestone Tiles & Pavers
Stone & Slate Discounts is proud to be Victoria's only distributor of genuine HARKAWAY BLUESTONE pavers and tiles.
Harkaway Bluestone Pavers and Bluestone tiles are the BEST tiles for sale in Australia. You will not find better quality bluestone in Australia.
Always insist on the best, genuine HARKAWAY BLUESTONE Pavers and Bluestone Tiles. The ONLY bluestone pavers and tiles manufactured to meet Australia's stringent quality controls and specifications for BOTH Commercial and Domestic applications. As is typical in ALL natural stone you will get shade variations between tiles in crates delivered. PLEASE ensure your professional installer takes tiles from ALL crates and mixes them prior to OR during the installation process. Note: There will be naturally occurring Cat's Paw featured on each paver, varying from none to 20% of each individual pavers surface area. Cat's Paw is a series of small pits which is naturally formed in bluestone. Many architects and designers purposefully seek out as much cat's paw as possible as it is commonly perceived as a natural feature that people like to show off. However, if you'd like your bluestone completely without cat's paw, we can arrange to get them sawn out for an additional cost. You can choose to grout these with our Bluestone colour matched sanded grout or simply leave them as god made them.
We recommend the following:
10mm Thick: Pavers should be laid onto a concrete slab or over waterproofed suitablably thick cement sheet. Great for balconies and decks, especially where its important to keep the overall weight down.
20mm Thick: Pavers can be laid as above or onto a compacted road base into a wet slurry of sand and cement.
30mm Thick: Pavers can be laid as both above or onto a compacted road base into a dry sand bed, great for tiling over easements or where you require water permeation to occur for drainage.
When matching up to previous batches of Harkaway Bluestone that you provide us with some left over tiles or cuts to enable us to match your batch characteristics as close as is possible. REMEMBER its a natural product and when matching up to a previous batch of pavers, it will NEVER be perfect but the finished jon will be acceptable when looked at overall.SALE NOW ON ALL BLUESTONE PAVERS, TILES AND MATCHING POOL COPING
We deliver bluestone pavers, tiles and pool coping door to door to all suburbs in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide and Hobart. We also deliver to any regional area in Australia at reasonable freight rates.
BEWARE CHINESE IMPORTERS IMPLYING THAT THEY SELL HARKAWAY BLUESTONE.....BECAUSE THEY DON'T, visit HARKAWAY BLUESTONE AUSTRALIA'S WEBSITE FOR YOUR DISTRIBUTOR IN YOUR STATE
RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION TECHNIQUES FOR BLUESTONE
Please use one of the following adhesives IF installing in the adhesive is preferred.....
If you prefer to install your pavers in traditional sand and cement style follow these instructions to the letter:
ARDEX | CONSTRUCTION CHEMICALS | BAYSET | MAPEI
- Select one of the adhesives above (ALL are rapid setting adhesives) and simply mix as per manufactures specifications then 10mm notch the adhesive onto the back of EVERY tile (ensuring 100% coverage).
- Let the adhesive set( the ones above set rapidly), usually around 3-4 hrs and then install the tiles as per your usual technique into the wet sand and cement mix. IF you don't use a rapid setting adhesive you must allow a minimum of 12 hrs before laying into the wet mix of sand and cement.
- This system minimises the risk of any of the tiles warping slightly due to being moisture sensitive or being excessively hot at time of installation.
- IF installing in sand and cement we recommend adding F-LOC to the mixture, this will reduce the chance of any efflorescence (calcium hydroxide) migrating to the surface of the grout or tile. Tech Specs www.efflock.com.au.This can be purchased from Bunnings
- GROUTING should ONLY occur IF the tiles have been completely dry for at least 4 days in a row.
- IT IS NOT acceptable to blow the water out of the joints and then grout as you WILL have effluence issues, possibly warping issues, picture framing due to trapped excessive moisture.
- You must of course follow the Australian Tiling Standards in regard to incorporating expansion joints into your tiling. Failure to do so WILL lead to drummy and lifting tiles.
Only recommended around BBQ areas or when the blue stone tiles are installed as internal floor tiles. Bluesetone pavers and tiles can be sealed with an invisible penetrating sealer to assist in the easy ongoing clean up of the stone pavers OR a colour enhancing penetrating sealer. These are also available at Stone & Slate Discounts.Cleaning:
Do not use Hydrochloric acid for clean up as this can cause minerals present in the stone to react adversely.Bluestone responds well to high pressure cleaning with a domestic machine, please keep the nozzle about 300mm minimum away from face of the bluestone pavers and tiles. Please ensure you use a blade not pin type head on the pressure cleaner, and ensure you pressure wash the ENTIRE paver.Maintenance:
Just sweep when needed. Bluestone responds well to high pressure cleaning with a domestic machine, please keep the nozzle about 300mm minimum away from face of the bluestone pavers and tiles. Please ensure you use a blade not pin type head on the pressure cleaner, and ensure you pressure wash the ENTIRE paver. A solution of mild detergent and water can be applied prior to pressure cleaning.
Here we will discuss the different characteristics of these two distinct bluestone categorizations.
Generally speaking, Standard Grade Bluestone will have the following characteristics:
- A higher percentage of tiles or pavers containing naturally occurring catspaw, between 10-25% of the surface of the tile.
- Cutting tolerances during the process of slicing the bluestone boulders up into tiles or pavers. In this case, a variation or tolerance allowance of +-3mm is to be expected. This leads to the occasional tile or paver being slightly out of square and is the reason why we recommend laying ONLY in a brick bond or stretcher bond pattern (which may fix these issues). If laying in adhesive, we recommend using a 6mm notch trowel to spread the adhesive BOTH on the slab and on the entire back of every tile or paver in a cross thatched pattern.
- In some rare instances where some Ferro particles may be in the catspaw, it should be noted that these can be hidden during the grouting process.
- The non-slip rating is HIGHER due to the sawn surface finish during the cutting process.
Premium Harkaway Bluestone comparison:
- Less naturally occurring catspaw, usually around 0-20% of any tile or pavers surface.
- Variation or tolerance allowance of +-1.5mm is to be expected.
- Naturally occurring light surface pattern and colour variations may be present compared to standard grade.
- Surface finish is lightly honed, giving a slightly smoother finish, however, is still classified as a non-slip surface
| "I found Sheridan very helpful and not pushy like a lot of other places we went to. Fell in love with the harkaway bluestone. They are now being laid and look amazing. Great services and products!"
| "The harkaway bluestone is simply stunning - my partner and I chose bluestone pavers for use around our pool and copings"
| "The best basalt tiles ive ever seen. Looks great in our driveway"