Factors Influencing Bluestone/Basalt Pavers & Tile Prices in Australia
Bluestone/Basalt is a stunning natural stone widely used in construction and landscaping projects. When considering purchasing Bluestone/Basalt Pavers & Tiles in Australia, several factors come into play that influence the pricing. Let’s explore these factors to gain a better understanding of why Bluestone/Basalt prices may vary.
- Exchange Rates: Some varieties of Bluestone/Basalt are sourced from countries like China and Europe, where the currency is denominated in USD. Fluctuations in exchange rates can impact the final price in Australia. When the Australian dollar is weaker against the USD, it may lead to higher prices for imported Bluestone/Basalt.
- Rarity of Colour: Bluestone/Basalt occurs naturally in various colours, and the rarity of certain colours can affect pricing. Colours that are less common or harder to source may come at a premium due to their limited availability. Unique and distinct colour variations, such as deep blues or vibrant greys, may command higher prices.
- Tile Thickness: The thickness of Bluestone/Basalt tiles can influence their prices. Thicker tiles, pavers such as 20mm, 30mm or 40mm, require more material and offer added durability. Consequently, they tend to be priced higher than thinner tiles, such as 10mm or 12mm. Thinner tiles may be more cost-effective and suitable for specific applications.
- Tile Size: The size of Bluestone/Basalt tiles plays a role in pricing. Larger tiles, such as 600x600mm, 800x400mm or 1000x500mm, generally come at a higher cost due to the additional material and weight involved. Smaller sizes like 300x300mm or 400x400mm or 600x300mm may be more budget-friendly and suitable for smaller areas or specific design preferences.
- Surface Finish: Different surface finishes, such as honed, polished, flamed, or sawn, can affect the price of Bluestone/Basalt. Finishes that require additional processing or craftsmanship may contribute to a higher price point. The choice of surface finish can also impact the overall aesthetic and maintenance requirements.
- Remoteness of Quarries: The location and accessibility of Bluestone/Basalt quarries can influence prices. If quarries are located in remote areas, transportation costs and logistics may be higher, leading to increased prices.
- Labor Costs: In the case of Australian Bluestone/Basalt, the higher labour costs in Australia can contribute to higher prices compared to imported varieties.
Considering all these factors, it is essential to review our product catalogue to obtain current pricing information and choose the Bluestone/Basalt Pavers & Tiles that best suit your project. Our catalogue showcases the available options and provides transparency in pricing, enabling you to make an informed decision based on your budget and design vision.
Please refer to our product catalogue below to explore the variety of Bluestone/Basalt Pavers & Tiles and their associated prices. Our catalogue will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the pricing structure and help you find the perfect Bluestone/Basalt solution for your project.
European Bluestone® Standard GradeWas
$49.00Now $42.00 in GST Select options
Harkaway Bluestone® Premium GradeWas
$68.00Now $59.00 in GST Select options
Australian Bluestone Diamond SawnWas
$150.00Now $130.00 in GST Select options
Chinese Standard Grade BluestoneWas
$43.00Now $43.00 in GST Select options
Chinese Premium BluestoneWas
$65.00Now $56.00 in GST Select options
Bluestone French PatternWas
$76.00Now $66.00 in GST Select options