- CHEAPEST Bluestone in Australia
- Ok Indoors & Outdoors (As long as sealed)
- Matching Bluestone Pool Coping
About Chinese Bluestone Tiles & Pavers
These Sawn finish Chinese bluestone tiles and pavers are the standard grade of bluestone that is found commonly all over Australia. This is a standard grade which means this variety of bluesone has about 0%-20% Cat's Paw on the tiles surface and has more nayural colour variation. This is our budget sawn face bluestone which means you can get the standard look for less. Thickness and size variation is the industry standard of +-3mm, because of this we recommend laying with a 8mm grout joint and ALWAYS lay in a brick bond pattern. This is the CHEAPEST natural BLUESTONE available for sale ANYWHERE in Australia!
However, for an overall improved surface and density, we recommend European Bluestone Tiles & Pavers
For tiling, we recommend the following:
12mm Thick: Pavers should be laid directly onto a concrete slab or great for balconies and decks where weight can be a factor.
20mm Thick: Pavers can be laid as above or onto a compacted road base into a wet slurry of sand and cement.
30mm Thick: Pavers can be laid as both above or onto a compacted road base into a dry sand bed, great for tiling over easements or where you require water permeation.
Bluestone can be sealed with an invisible penetrating sealer to assist in the ongoing clean up of the stone.
An invisible penetrating sealer can be applied prior to grouting which will facilitate easy clean up after application of the grout.Cleaning:
Do not use Hydrochloric acid for clean up as this can cause minerals present in the stone to react.Maintenance:
Just sweep when needed. Bluestone responds well to high pressure cleaning. A solution of mild detergent and water, can be applied prior to pressure cleaning.
We deliver bluestone pavers, tiles and pool coping door to door to all suburbs in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide and Hobart. We also deliver to any regional area in Australia at reasonable freight rates.
Here we will discuss the different characteristics of these two distinct bluestone categorizations.
Generally speaking, Standard Grade Bluestone will have the following characteristics:
- A higher percentage of tiles or pavers containing naturally occurring catspaw, between 3-15% of the surface of the tile.
- Cutting tolerances during the process of slicing the bluestone boulders up into tiles or pavers. In this case, a variation or tolerance allowance of +-3mm is to be expected. This leads to the occasional tile or paver being slightly out of square and is the reason why we recommend laying ONLY in a brick bond or stretcher bond pattern (which may fix these issues). If laying in adhesive, we recommend using a 6mm notch trowel to spread the adhesive BOTH on the slab and on the entire back of every tile or paver in a cross thatched pattern.
- In some rare instances where some Ferro particles may be in the catspaw, it should be noted that these can be hidden during the grouting process.
- The non-slip rating is HIGHER due to the sawn surface finish during the cutting process.
Premium Harkaway Bluestone comparison:
- Less naturally occurring catspaw, usually around 0-5% of any tile or pavers surface.
- Variation or tolerance allowance of +-1.5mm is to be expected.
- Naturally occurring light surface pattern and colour variations may be present compared to standard grade.
- Surface finish is lightly honed, giving a slightly smoother finish, however, is still classified as a non-slip surface