- AUSTRALIAN Bluestone
- Matching Pool Coping Available
- Safe non slip surface
- Weather resistant
- Lightly honed & sawn
- Great indoors & outdoors
- Matching Pool Coping
Choose AUSTRALIAN Bluestone Pavers - Get the BEST for your pavers
Stone & Slate Discounts is proud to be stock the most popular range of bluestone - AUSTRALIAN BLUESTONE pavers and tiles in our Melbourne Store and deliver across Australia.
Australian Bluestone Pavers and Bluestone tiles are the BEST tiles for sale in Australia. You will not find better quality bluestone in Australia. Genuine Australian Bluestone contains between 5-50% catspaw per tile, it is a natural occurrence in ALL Australian Bluestone sold here in Australia. You have the option of filling these when grouting with our Bluestone colour matched grout(making them near invisible) or to leave them open as nature intended.
We stock Australian Bluestone Pavers for landscapers, builders, designers and homeowners. Stone Pavers are renowened bluestone suppliers in Australia and have been supplying australian blue stone for years to achieve the finest results in style and functionality. These pavers are amazing when used in outdoor settings because of their strength and versatility.
A truly versatile product with a huge variety of sizes, formats and surface textures, our Australian Bluestone range a all volcanic stones that have formed and hardened over millions of years. These pavers are extremely dense and hardwearing, which makes this natural stone a genuine choice for use in the most vigorous applications.
Our Autralian Bluestone range have been installed in various government, commercial and non-profit projects in Melbourne, Sydney and across Australia. We provide FREE SAMPLE delivery of bluestone tile. Contact us for more information about bluestone ranges.
For the ultimate in sophistication and luxury, you can’t go past the universal appeal of bluestone. A tough stone famously chosen by the City of Melbourne as the stone of choice throughout the CBD.
We recommend the following:
10mm Thick: Pavers should be laid onto a concrete slab or over waterproofed suitablably thick cement sheet. Great for balconies and decks, especially where its important to keep the overall weight down.
20mm Thick: Pavers can be laid as above or onto a compacted road base into a wet slurry of sand and cement.
30mm Thick: Pavers can be laid as both above or onto a compacted road base into a dry sand bed, great for tiling over easements or where you require water permeation to occur for drainage.
When matching up to previous batches of Australian Bluestone that you provide us with some left over tiles or cuts to enable us to match your batch characteristics as close as is possible. REMEMBER its a natural product and when matching up to a previous batch of pavers, it will NEVER be perfect but the finished jon will be acceptable when looked at overall.SALE NOW ON ALL BLUESTONE PAVERS, TILES AND MATCHING POOL COPING
We deliver bluestone pavers, tiles and pool coping door to door to all suburbs in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide and Hobart. We also deliver to any regional area in Australia at reasonable freight rates.
RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION TECHNIQUES FOR BLUESTONE
Please use one of the following adhesives IF installing in the adhesive is preferred.....
If you prefer to install your pavers in traditional sand and cement style follow these instructions to the letter:
ARDEX | CONSTRUCTION CHEMICALS | BAYSET | MAPEI
- Select one of the adhesives above (ALL are rapid setting adhesives) and simply mix as per manufactures specifications then 10mm notch the adhesive onto the back of EVERY tile (ensuring 100% coverage).
- Let the adhesive set( the ones above set rapidly), usually around 3-4 hrs and then install the tiles as per your usual technique into the wet sand and cement mix. IF you don't use a rapid setting adhesive you must allow a minimum of 12 hrs before laying into the wet mix of sand and cement.
- This system minimises the risk of any of the tiles warping slightly due to being moisture sensitive or being excessively hot at time of installation.
- IF installing in sand and cement we recommend adding F-LOC to the mixture, this will reduce the chance of any efflorescence (calcium hydroxide) migrating to the surface of the grout or tile. Tech Specs www.efflock.com.au.This can be purchased from Bunnings
- GROUTING should ONLY occur IF the tiles have been completely dry for at least 4 days in a row.
- IT IS NOT acceptable to blow the water out of the joints and then grout as you WILL have effluence issues, possibly warping issues, picture framing due to trapped excessive moisture.
- You must of course follow the Australian Tiling Standards in regard to incorporating expansion joints into your tiling. Failure to do so WILL lead to drummy and lifting tiles.
Only recommended around BBQ areas or when the blue stone tiles are installed as internal floor tiles. Bluesetone pavers and tiles can be sealed with an invisible penetrating sealer to assist in the easy ongoing clean up of the stone pavers OR a colour enhancing penetrating sealer. These are also available at Stone & Slate Discounts.Cleaning:
Do not use Hydrochloric acid for clean up as this can cause minerals present in the stone to react adversely.Bluestone responds well to high pressure cleaning with a domestic machine, please keep the nozzle about 300mm minimum away from face of the bluestone pavers and tiles. Please ensure you use a blade not pin type head on the pressure cleaner, and ensure you pressure wash the ENTIRE paver.Maintenance:
Just sweep when needed. Bluestone responds well to high pressure cleaning with a domestic machine, please keep the nozzle about 300mm minimum away from face of the bluestone pavers and tiles. Please ensure you use a blade not pin type head on the pressure cleaner, and ensure you pressure wash the ENTIRE paver. A solution of mild detergent and water can be applied prior to pressure cleaning.
Here we will discuss the different characteristics of these two distinct bluestone categorizations.
Generally speaking, Standard Grade Bluestone will have the following characteristics:
- A higher percentage of tiles or pavers containing naturally occurring catspaw, between 30-50% of the surface of the tile.
- Cutting tolerances during the process of slicing the bluestone boulders up into tiles or pavers. In this case, a variation or tolerance allowance of +-3mm is to be expected. This leads to the occasional tile or paver being slightly out of square and is the reason why we recommend laying ONLY in a brick bond or stretcher bond pattern (which may fix these issues). If laying in adhesive, we recommend using a 6mm notch trowel to spread the adhesive BOTH on the slab and on the entire back of every tile or paver in a cross thatched pattern.
- In some rare instances where some Ferro particles may be in the catspaw, it should be noted that these can be hidden during the grouting process.
- The non-slip rating is HIGHER due to the sawn surface finish during the cutting process.
Premium Harkaway Bluestone comparison:
- Less naturally occurring catspaw, usually around 0-30% of any tile or pavers surface.
- Variation or tolerance allowance of +-1.5mm is to be expected.
- Naturally occurring light surface pattern and colour variations may be present compared to standard grade.
- Surface finish is lightly honed, giving a slightly smoother finish, however, is still classified as a non-slip surface
| "I found Sheridan very helpful and not pushy like a lot of other places we went to. Fell in love with the harkaway bluestone. They are now being laid and look amazing. Great services and products!"
| "The harkaway bluestone is simply stunning - my partner and I chose bluestone pavers for use around our pool and copings"
| "The best basalt tiles ive ever seen. Looks great in our driveway"