- 100% Australian Bluestone
- Superior to Chinese Bluestone
- Safe High Non-Slip Rating
- Weather resistant
- Lightly honed & sawn
- Great indoors & outdoors
- Matching Pool Coping
Premium Australian Bluestone Pavers
Genuine Australian Bluestone contains between 5-50% catspaw per tile, it is a natural occurrence in ALL Australian Bluestone sold here in Australia. You have the option of filling these when grouting with our Bluestone colour matched grout(making them near invisible) or to leave them open as nature intended.
We stock Australian Bluestone Pavers for landscapers, builders, designers and homeowners. Stone Pavers are renowened bluestone suppliers in Australia and have been supplying australian blue stone for years to achieve the finest results in style and functionality. These pavers are amazing when used in outdoor settings because of their strength and versatility.
Stone & Slate Discounts is proud to stock 100% AUSTRALIAN BLUESTONE pavers and tiles in our Melbourne Store and deliver across Australia.
A truly versatile product with a huge variety of sizes, formats and surface textures, our Australian Bluestone range a all volcanic stones that have formed and hardened over millions of years. These pavers are extremely dense and hardwearing, which makes this natural stone a genuine choice for use in the most vigorous applications.
Our Autralian Bluestone range have been installed in various government, commercial and non-profit projects in Melbourne, Sydney and across Australia. We provide FREE SAMPLE delivery of bluestone tile. Contact us for more information about bluestone ranges.
For the ultimate in sophistication and luxury, you can’t go past the universal appeal of bluestone. A tough stone famously chosen by the City of Melbourne as the stone of choice throughout the CBD.
We recommend the following:
10mm Thick: Pavers should be laid onto a concrete slab or over waterproofed suitablably thick cement sheet. Great for balconies and decks, especially where its important to keep the overall weight down.
20mm Thick: Pavers can be laid as above or onto a compacted road base into a wet slurry of sand and cement.
30mm Thick: Pavers can be laid as both above or onto a compacted road base into a dry sand bed, great for tiling over easements or where you require water permeation to occur for drainage.
When matching up to previous batches of Australian Bluestone that you provide us with some left over tiles or cuts to enable us to match your batch characteristics as close as is possible. REMEMBER its a natural product and when matching up to a previous batch of pavers, it will NEVER be perfect but the finished jon will be acceptable when looked at overall.SALE NOW ON ALL BLUESTONE PAVERS, TILES AND MATCHING POOL COPING
We deliver bluestone pavers, tiles and pool coping door to door to all suburbs in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide and Hobart. We also deliver to any regional area in Australia at reasonable freight rates.
RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION TECHNIQUES FOR BLUESTONE
Please use one of the following adhesives IF installing in the adhesive is preferred.....
If you prefer to install your pavers in traditional sand and cement style follow these instructions to the letter:
ARDEX | CONSTRUCTION CHEMICALS | BAYSET | MAPEI
- Select one of the adhesives above (ALL are rapid setting adhesives) and simply mix as per manufactures specifications then 10mm notch the adhesive onto the back of EVERY tile (ensuring 100% coverage).
- Let the adhesive set( the ones above set rapidly), usually around 3-4 hrs and then install the tiles as per your usual technique into the wet sand and cement mix. IF you don't use a rapid setting adhesive you must allow a minimum of 12 hrs before laying into the wet mix of sand and cement.
- This system minimises the risk of any of the tiles warping slightly due to being moisture sensitive or being excessively hot at time of installation.
- IF installing in sand and cement we recommend adding F-LOC to the mixture, this will reduce the chance of any efflorescence (calcium hydroxide) migrating to the surface of the grout or tile. Tech Specs www.efflock.com.au.This can be purchased from Bunnings
- GROUTING should ONLY occur IF the tiles have been completely dry for at least 4 days in a row.
- IT IS NOT acceptable to blow the water out of the joints and then grout as you WILL have effluence issues, possibly warping issues, picture framing due to trapped excessive moisture.
- You must of course follow the Australian Tiling Standards in regard to incorporating expansion joints into your tiling. Failure to do so WILL lead to drummy and lifting tiles.
Only recommended around BBQ areas or when the blue stone tiles are installed as internal floor tiles. Bluesetone pavers and tiles can be sealed with an invisible penetrating sealer to assist in the easy ongoing clean up of the stone pavers OR a colour enhancing penetrating sealer. These are also available at Stone & Slate Discounts.Cleaning:
Do not use Hydrochloric acid for clean up as this can cause minerals present in the stone to react adversely.Bluestone responds well to high pressure cleaning with a domestic machine, please keep the nozzle about 300mm minimum away from face of the bluestone pavers and tiles. Please ensure you use a blade not pin type head on the pressure cleaner, and ensure you pressure wash the ENTIRE paver.Maintenance:
Just sweep when needed. Bluestone responds well to high pressure cleaning with a domestic machine, please keep the nozzle about 300mm minimum away from face of the bluestone pavers and tiles. Please ensure you use a blade not pin type head on the pressure cleaner, and ensure you pressure wash the ENTIRE paver. A solution of mild detergent and water can be applied prior to pressure cleaning.
Here we will discuss the different characteristics of these two distinct bluestone categorizations.
Generally speaking, Standard Grade Bluestone will have the following characteristics:
- A higher percentage of tiles or pavers containing naturally occurring catspaw, between 30-50% of the surface of the tile.
- Cutting tolerances during the process of slicing the bluestone boulders up into tiles or pavers. In this case, a variation or tolerance allowance of +-3mm is to be expected. This leads to the occasional tile or paver being slightly out of square and is the reason why we recommend laying ONLY in a brick bond or stretcher bond pattern (which may fix these issues). If laying in adhesive, we recommend using a 6mm notch trowel to spread the adhesive BOTH on the slab and on the entire back of every tile or paver in a cross thatched pattern.
- In some rare instances where some Ferro particles may be in the catspaw, it should be noted that these can be hidden during the grouting process.
- The non-slip rating is HIGHER due to the sawn surface finish during the cutting process.
Premium Harkaway Bluestone comparison:
- Less naturally occurring catspaw, usually around 0-30% of any tile or pavers surface.
- Variation or tolerance allowance of +-1.5mm is to be expected.
- Naturally occurring light surface pattern and colour variations may be present compared to standard grade.
- Surface finish is lightly honed, giving a slightly smoother finish, however, is still classified as a non-slip surface
More Information about Australian Bluestone Pavers
Australian Bluestone Pavers have existed as a prominent part of Australian architecture and landscape design. They come in varying shades of greys and blues, they also have different patterns on them which make them the first choice of many Australians.
They are an excellent addition to outdoor settings since they help change up the feel of the area they're incorporated into. They provide a quick and easy way to make a vacant or simple area look classy and lively.
In Australia, the term Bluestone tends to refer to two different types of stones. One is known as the Victorian Bluestone, which is also referred to as Basalt. The other one, normally found in the Southern part of Australia, is known as Slate.
Basalt is an igneous rock made up of the remains of a volcanic eruption. It usually comes in a greyish black shade. It is very fine in terms of texture and grains due to the ashy remains of the volcanic remains. The Slate on the other hand is a metamorphic rock. It is made of various quartz and it comes in a colour that ranges between beige and pale grey.
Over the years, the popularity of the Victorian Basalt has overtaken the Slate to a massive extent. Due to this, it is safe to assume that when Australian Bluestone is brought up, the reference is Victorian Basalt.
The Australian Bluestone Pavers tend to be very sturdy and extremely thick. These properties of the stone make it an excellent choice to build structures. The strength of this stone enables it to be the first choice for several outdoor settings.
They do not wear off easily. Their durability causes them to withstand all different kinds of seasons and retain their shine and gloss. Several different Australian architectural marvels are built using the Australian Bluestone Pavers as a foundation.
Even today the Australian Government turns to the Australian Bluestone Pavers to help them with road construction, pavement construction and to make footpaths etc. The necessity of Australian Bluestone Pavers in its development speaks volumes about its quality and durability in itself.
Usage and Benefits of Australian Bluestone Pavers
The Australian Bluestone Pavers are extremely flexible in terms of usage. They can be used as per the customers wish. As mentioned earlier, they can be used for road construction and overall infrastructural development.
They can also be incorporated in several creative ways inside your living space to take your household setting to new levels. Some of the ways that Australian Bluestone Pavers can be added into your living space are:
● Pool edges: Australian Bluestone Pavers can be used as pool coping bluestone tiles. This helps make the pool more resilient. It increases the sturdiness of the area around the pool. It is also less slippery than other tiles making it the safest tile option for pool coping.
● Patio: adding the Australian Bluestone Pavers to your patio is not only going to make the area stand out more. The area surrounding the patio will surely be stronger, but the visual appeal that it will bring to the living space will also be a major benefit.
● Flooring: using the Australian Bluestone Pavers for flooring is an excellent idea. The qualities of the stone make it the perfect choice for the wear and tear that floors encounter. Having Australian Bluestone Pavers as flooring only means one thing: a better quality floor for a longer time.
Benefits of using Australian Bluestone Pavers
Several different benefits come with using the Australian Bluestone Pavers in your household. As mentioned prior, resilience and durability are surely the stones' selling factors. Investing in Australian Bluestone Pavers is a good idea since you take full use of the money you spent.
It is also the best choice when looking at the safety aspect. Around the pool, its non-slip property makes it the safest tile to install. It prevents any major slipping accidents and if you happen to have a house that hosts children, you might want to install this for safety measures.
Its easy installation characteristic is also what leans the workers and the architects towards choosing this stone as their foundation.
Australian Bluestone Pavers are one of the most cost-effective, safe and aesthetic ways for one to improve their household setting.
Their volcanic properties give them a very fine and clean look. Adding them to a living space only increases the appeal of the environment. Their wide colour range and ability to incorporate different patterns helps them match the different vibes in varying settings.
There are several certified dealers of the stone around Australia. It is important to invest in the Australian Bluestone Pavers only from certified sellers in your city. Buying from certified sellers ensures that you enjoy all the benefits of the Australian Bluestone Pavers.