- Exceptional Value for Money
- Superior to Chinese Bluestone
- Sawn finish (high non slip rating)
- Commercial or Domestic use
- Great indoors & outdoors
- Matching Pool Coping
NEW! European Bluestone Drop Face Pool Coping
Our Standard Grade European Bluestone Drop Face Pool Coping is offered in a wide range of different sizes. This budget friendly Bluestone is highly popular for those who are after that Bluestone look, without the crazy price tag.
European Bluestone is internationally recognised to be of a higher calibre of stone. It is similar in colour and texture to Australian Bluestone with a sawn surface finish achieving a higher nonslip level.
For pool coping, we offer 20mm thick pavers. Please expect a dimensional or thickness variation of +-3mm, it is for this reason that we recommend laying with an 8mm grout joint. These pavers have a non-slip surface with lightly tumbled edges.
European Bluestone like Australian bluestone will have occasional light saw marks and will have naturally occurring organic catspaw (covering between 5%-25% of any tiles surface). We do not recommend acid washing ANY natural stone as it can lead to surface burns and discoloration where the acid has reacted adversely with minerals present in the stone.
We deliver bluestone pavers, tiles and pool coping door to door to all suburbs in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Hobart. We also deliver to any regional area in Australia at reasonable freight rates. We offer both door to door delivery OR for a more economical alternative you can pick up at your nearby freight depot
Currently, our Euro Bluestone Pool Coping is heavily discounted as an introductory offer. Don’t miss out!
Read from Our European Bluestone Suppliers:
Highly recommended around high traffic area, or when the blue stone tiles are installed as internal floor tiles. Bluesetone pavers and tiles can be sealed with an invisible penetrating sealer to assist in the easy ongoing clean up of the stone pavers. We recommend sealing your Bluestone pavers with Tasman's STONE SHIELD ( invisible no colour change penetrating seraler) Cleaning prior to sealing we recommend a high pressure wash only, please ensure that you keep the jet nozzle around 250mm-300mm above the pavers at all times. DO NOT use a colour enhancing sealer on your bluestone as they tend to highlite any saw marks not visible to the naked eye and are generally harder to use and can be problematic.Cleaning:
Do not use Hydrochloric acid for clean up as this can cause minerals present in the stone to react adversely.Maintenance:
Just sweep when needed. Bluestone responds well to high pressure cleaning with a domestic machine, please keep the nozzle about 300mm minimum away from face of the bluestone pavers and tiles. A solution of mild detergent and water can be applied prior to pressure cleaning.
Here we will discuss the different characteristics of these two distinct bluestone categorizations.
Generally speaking, Standard Grade Bluestone will have the following characteristics:
- A higher percentage of tiles or pavers containing naturally occurring catspaw, between 10-25% of the surface of the tile.
- Cutting tolerances during the process of slicing the bluestone boulders up into tiles or pavers. In this case, a variation or tolerance allowance of +-3mm is to be expected. This leads to the occasional tile or paver being slightly out of square and is the reason why we recommend laying ONLY in a brick bond or stretcher bond pattern (which may fix these issues). If laying in adhesive, we recommend using a 6mm notch trowel to spread the adhesive BOTH on the slab and on the entire back of every tile or paver in a cross thatched pattern.
- In some rare instances where some Ferro particles may be in the catspaw, it should be noted that these can be hidden during the grouting process.
- The non-slip rating is HIGHER due to the sawn surface finish during the cutting process.
Premium Harkaway Bluestone comparison:
- Less naturally occurring catspaw, usually around 0-20% of any tile or pavers surface.
- Variation or tolerance allowance of +-1.5mm is to be expected.
- Naturally occurring light surface pattern and colour variations may be present compared to standard grade.
- Surface finish is lightly honed, giving a slightly smoother finish, however, is still classified as a non-slip surface
| "Slate Discounts were recommended to me by my landscape contractor. Having always wanted bluestone paving for my new patio, I was pleased to find it so well priced. The ordering process was easy and communication regarding delivery was good. I went for 2 crates of 600 x 300 spavers and it looks lovely. It was delivered promptly and no breakage."
| "I purchased the Bluestone paving and was not disappointed with the quality and service."
| "I have found them very professional and very competitive with There bluestone pavers prices."