- 100% Natural Bluestone
- Exceptional Value for Money
- Superior to Chinese Bluestone
- Genuine European Bluestone
- Sawn finish (high non slip rating)
- Commercial or Domestic use
- Great indoors & outdoors
- Matching Pool Coping
Reads from Our European Bluestone Suppliers:
NEW! European Bluestone Pavers & Tiles
Get in quick! NEXT shipment is nearly sold out!
Standard Grade European Bluestone pavers and tiles are specifically aimed at those people who do not want to purchase inferior CHINESE BLUESTONE. As European Bluestone is internationally recognised to be of a higher caliber of stone. It is similar in colour and texture to Australian Bluestone with a sawn surface finish achieving a higher non slip level.This is a mid coloured bluestone and looks great when grouted with a light grey/neutral coloured grout BUT for those of you seeking a darker shade ie charcoal grey we recommend grouting with our charcoal grey stone grout. You can see the effect of the 2 different grouts in one of the pictures above.
We recommend the following:
12mm Thick: Pavers should be laid onto a concrete slab or over waterproofed suitablably thick cement sheet. Great for balconies and decks, especially where its important to keep the overall weight down.
20mm Thick: Pavers can be laid as above or onto a compacted road base into a wet slurry of sand and cement.
30mm Thick: Pavers can be laid as both above or onto a compacted road base into a dry sand bed, great for tiling over easements or where you require water permeation to occur for drainage.
Standard Grade European Bluestone tiles and pavers can be sealed for peace of mind, to ensure bluestone stays in pristine condition. It's highly recommended particularly in areas where there may be high spillage to protect the lustre of the bluestone tiles and pavers. Please expect a dimensional or thickness variation of +-3mm, it is for this reason that we recommend laying with a 8mm grout joint and always in brick bond pattern. If you choose not to seal your tiles, make sure you clean up spills immediately to avoid staining the tiles. Use only a penetrating invisible type sealer (no colour change) similar to Tasman Chemicals STONE SHIELD and ALWAYS follow the sealer manufacturers instructions when applying. We stock a FULL range of suitable sealers. European Bluestone like Australian bluestone will have occasional light saw marks and will have naturally occuring organic catspaw (covering between 5%-25% of any tiles surface). We do not recommend acid washing ANY natural stone as it can lead to surface burns and discoloration where the acid has reacted adversely with minerals present in the stone.
We deliver bluestone pavers, tiles and pool coping door to door to all suburbs in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide and Hobart. We also deliver to any regional area in Australia at reasonable freight rates. We offer both door to door delivery OR for a more economical alternative you can pickup at your nearby freight depot
Highly recommended around BBQ areas or when the blue stone tiles are installed as internal floor tiles. Bluesetone pavers and tiles can be sealed with an invisible penetrating sealer to assist in the easy ongoing clean up of the stone pavers. We recommend sealing your Bluestone pavers with Tasman's STONE SHIELD ( invisible no colour change penetrating seraler) This is also available at Stone & Slate Discounts. Cleaning prior to sealing we recommend a high pressure wash only, please ensure that you keep the jet nozzle around 250mm-300mm above the pavers at all times. DO NOT use a colour enhancing sealer on your bluestone as they tend to highlite any saw marks not visible to the naked eye and are generally harder to use and can be problematic.Cleaning:
Do not use Hydrochloric acid for clean up as this can cause minerals present in the stone to react adversely.Maintenance:
Just sweep when needed. Bluestone responds well to high pressure cleaning with a domestic machine, please keep the nozzle about 300mm minimum away from face of the bluestone pavers and tiles. A solution of mild detergent and water can be applied prior to pressure cleaning.
Here we will discuss the different characteristics of these two distinct bluestone categorizations.
Generally speaking, Standard Grade Bluestone will have the following characteristics:
- A higher percentage of tiles or pavers containing naturally occurring catspaw, between 10-25% of the surface of the tile.
- Cutting tolerances during the process of slicing the bluestone boulders up into tiles or pavers. In this case, a variation or tolerance allowance of +-3mm is to be expected. This leads to the occasional tile or paver being slightly out of square and is the reason why we recommend laying ONLY in a brick bond or stretcher bond pattern (which may fix these issues). If laying in adhesive, we recommend using a 6mm notch trowel to spread the adhesive BOTH on the slab and on the entire back of every tile or paver in a cross thatched pattern.
- In some rare instances where some Ferro particles may be in the catspaw, it should be noted that these can be hidden during the grouting process.
- The non-slip rating is HIGHER due to the sawn surface finish during the cutting process.
Premium Harkaway Bluestone comparison:
- Less naturally occurring catspaw, usually around 0-20% of any tile or pavers surface.
- Variation or tolerance allowance of +-1.5mm is to be expected.
- Naturally occurring light surface pattern and colour variations may be present compared to standard grade.
- Surface finish is lightly honed, giving a slightly smoother finish, however, is still classified as a non-slip surface
| "Slate Discounts were recommended to me by my landscape contractor. Having always wanted bluestone paving for my new patio, I was pleased to find it so well priced. The ordering process was easy and communication regarding delivery was good. I went for 2 crates of 600 x 300 spavers and it looks lovely. It was delivered promptly and no breakage."
| "I purchased the Bluestone paving and was not disappointed with the quality and service."
| "I have found them very professional and very competitive with There bluestone pavers prices."